Pain below the ribs. Pain while laughing and coughing. Do I have hernia?

Yes, since Thursday I have had a small quarter size pain in my stomach below my ribs but not deep inside my stomach but rather closer to the outside of my stomach. It s a short sharp pain that has been occurring only when I laugh hard, sneeze or cough . Just about an hour ago I bent down to pick up a toy off the floor and felt the sharpest pain ever, like a ripping feeling. I m thinking I have a hernia but not sure. I can actually touch the spot that hurts but there is no bulging like described on the mayo clinic sight. I m not trying to self diagnosis myself but rather get myself prepared for what my dr might tell me it is. Also wondering if next Friday is ok to wait for my appt.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013