Pain below the rib cage. Took antibiotics for UTI. Protein in urine, borderline hypercholesterolemia. Muscular pain?

Hi I am 32 year indian male with 160 cm , 60 kg , having left flank pain for last 3- 4 weeks some times radiating left gluteal area but mostly sticks to below rib cage to hip.paracetamol helps to relieve pain but its there and comes back when I stop taking them or do some physical exertion. Thought of UTI and had a course of ciprofloxacin 500 mg bd for 5 days but still persists ....during the course of antibiotics one time urine dip showed only protein + . No other changes and healthy .also borderline hypercholestrolaemia .LFT problems of constipation or poor appetite. Pain more of a dull kind or rather burning... Is it muscular or something else actually gives some relief...I had a sprain in the area 4- 5 months back in the same area while doing exercise ...
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013