Pain below the rib cage. On pain management program. CT scan showing lesion on the spine. Have smoking. Any suggestions?

My husband is 57 heavy smoker. He has had pain below his rib cage radiating back to front. Very extremem at times. Went to regular doctor who sent him to pain management . They did cat scan found lesion on spine . Possible lesion from cancer elswhere. Then second cat scan with contrast said lipoma . dr gave him shots in spine for pain and physical therapy . Therapist said he should have blood work since pain is near lower lung. I don t have any idea what kind of dr to see at this point.My daughter is a pa and says he needs a lung xray too.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013