Pain below the kneecap, calf area, intense on sitting or standing for long hours or bending, crunching noise in legs. Cause?

Hello, ever since I started working in the beginning of February I started to feel major pain below my kneecap on the side of my leg and front. closer to my ankle but not my ankle. and sometimes my calf area hurts but not as much. When I sleep or sit down for long periods of time that s when it is the worst. My left leg has most of the pain. My right leg mostly feels normal but when I sit or sleep little pain is there in same place. My left leg is where all the pain is. Everytime I bend down. I don t know if this is what is causing it, but my left leg makes a crunching noise. That does not hurt.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would like to see your x ray of the knee joint to see in what stage knee arthritis is. If there is advance knee arthritis, then it will need surgery. If arthritis is not there then i would suggest you to take Brufen for pain relief.