Pain below tail bone, feeling of lump while sitting. Any ideas?

I am a 43 year old male. I have had this pain just below my tailbone. When I sit down it really hurts, but when a stand up from sitting and release the pressure from sitting the pain it 10 times worse. I have also notice that when I am sitting and I move back and forth it seems that I can feel a lump or ball maybe the size of a small golf ball. But when I stand up to feel for it I cant feel it. It is very painful to sit only on something hard. No problems walking or bending.As far as I know I have not done anything to hurt my tailbone. Thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013