Pain below ribs, no vomiting. Pain increases when stretched out

Good Morning! The last 4 days I have been having a pain just below my rib cage alittle to the right side of the center of my torso. I first noticed it at night and it hurts worse at night....when I move in bed....when I try to turn over or adjust my sleeping posture .....hurts worse when I am fully stretched out....I do feel it when I am not laying down when I stretch to reach for something or twist my body a certain way. I have had no throwing appetite is fine. At first I thought it felt like a pulled muscle but it hasn t gotten any better with time. I can push in on my body where I think the pain is coming from....I have to push way in to feel the pain by pushing on it with my hand . Thank You!
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Based on your description it is likely to be a muscular pain. If you can press on the area and if this elicits pain, it further confirms this. It will take a few days for the pain to subside. In the meantime, you can take some analgesics and take rest by limiting movements involving this area which might help. Also avoid any exercise or lifting any weights for a few days.

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Omer's  Response
you have abdominochest musle stretch
there are there layers of muscles attaching chest ribs
simple test is ...lye on floor ...get your neck flexed if u feel pain at the same area...its a confirmation...abdominal muscles are so strong so long time for pain relief ....try taking muscle relaxant for 2-3 days .....dont use pain killers n it will go away
take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Rishabh Kumar Rana's  Response
What is your age?? and are excersing heavily recently ? Have you had any history of trauma ??? on the affected site? Or were you doing more than usual push ups??? Any way if other vital stats are fine hen most prbbly it must be due to some muscular trauma