Pain below rib cage when coughing, breathing deeply. Spleen problem?

I have been experiencing pain in the area directly below where my rib cage ends on the left side for the past week. I am very active and initially thought that I had pulled a muscle. The pain is severe at times resulting in me actually yelling out when I cough ,breath in deeply, turn over in bed, and ever bend over to tie my shoes. I can pinpoint the pain by pressing on the soft tissue area following along the curvature of my rib cage. Is it possible that something is going on with my spleen? According to my research that is the organ that is located in that area.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013