Pain below rib cage. Relieved by drinking water. Ultrasound normal?

Periodically i get sudden severe pain below my right rib-cage which goes up into my teeth on the right side. It could last for 10 minutes ..up to maby 2 hours. It kinda comes in waves receding all the time. Over the counter remedies don t do much to relieve it...but drinking water helps. I have noticed that it can come after eating chocolate or red wine, particuluraly chocolate. Drinking lots of water helps. I might get months between attacks and i forget about it. i had an ultrasound 3 years ago and nothing showed up.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013