Pain below breast bone. Do I have joint pain due to arthritis?

I am a 39 year old male, i have been having pain just below my left breast bone for a few months now, sometimes sudden onset with sharp pain, other times a dull pain. I also have dull aching in my left tricep I assumed was joint pain due to my arthritis . Tonight while having sharp pain in the lower left chest I felt a lump across the left of my chest about 3 inches wide and an inch tall above the stomach just below the breast. I am unable to visit the doctor soon should I be concerned.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012