Pain behind last molar teeth, hurts to swallow. What could this be?

A few days ago, the skin right behind my last molar on the lower right side of my jaw started to feel raw and painful. It hurts to eat when food reaches that area, and even my tongue can hurt the skin around the back of my tooth . I had my wisdom teeth taken out over 3 years ago, so I do not suspect it has to do with that. It hurts to swallow and it has even affected the lymph node under my jaw on the right side of my neck. It hurts to press it and my left side feels completely fine. No fever or any other symptoms. My husband had the exact same symptoms about 2 weeks ago, and now he is feeling better. What could this be?? I appreciate any advice :)
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012