Pain behind both eyes, use ice pack. Pain medication helps a little. Any advice?

I am 40 years old and for about 22 years I am having a bad eye problem that after about 30 doctors I can t get relief or what is wrong. About age 18 I started severe pain in and behind both eyes that never goes away. It feels like they are bruised but I have never been injured. I can t sleep cuz pain is worse than natural child birth so every night for the past 22 years I lay down with an ice pack praying to numb the pain. my doctor gave me pain meds but it helps very little. I can t function like this anymore. Do you have any advice? Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012