Pain at times due to hair line crack on left ankle . Used crepe bandage, tendocare pills. Other solution?

I had a hair line crack on my left ankle while playing badminton. The landing from my jump cause my left ankle to twist. The doctor told me that it was on my earlier injury (which i got while playing basketball). Its been about 4 weeks now and i have a little pain at times. The doctor however told me last week (3 weeks after injury) that i could do normal work (as is what he told before day after my injury ). He also asked to stop wearing tubifix (like crepe bandage ). He has give me Tendocare tablets and asked me to take it twice a day for 20 days.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012