Pain at the left side of throat, pain felt only while drinking. Dr says Fenangeties. Treatment and cause of pain ?

I am having pain at the left side of my throat for last 15 days. It is felt at the time of taking water. It is generally felt at morning after getting up from bed. After doing gargles with warm water the pain reduces gradually. I do no feel any pain while taking solid or warm drinks. The pain is only felt at the time of taking water or cold drinks. I have seen to a local doctor. He diagnosis it as Fenangeties and prescribed medicines but it helps a little but not completely. Tell me the medicine and cause of pain YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012