Thanks for choosing HCM
First of all I want to tell you that surgery is recommended if their is nerve
compression and is cause pain and numbness
in legs. You can avoid surgery or get relief from the symptoms by following some precautions like:
1. Avoid jerky movements of the spine.
2. Use LS belt while walking or traveling.
3. Try to loose weight by dieting or exercises.
4. Use hard bed for sleeping and avoid pillow.
5. If your pain was not acute than consult your physiotherapist and plan for traction or diathermy.
6. Don't lift heavy weights and don't pick the things for ground by bending your waist.
By following these precautions you will get relief form your symptoms but you have to follow them life long. You can also try "Kati Basti" a treatment in Ayurveda for back pain
. This can be done at any Ayurveda Center near you. This procedure is very helpful in acute and chronic pain
You will definitively get relief for your pain.