Pain at the end of urination, blood drops at the end of stream, no UTI detected but advised taking antibiotic. Any suggestions?

I am a 49 year old female. I noticed pain at the end of urination sunday afternoon and then i noticed blood dripping at the end of urinating. I went to the doctor on monday and they did a urine test and treated me for a uti . Today the y called and said the urine test did not grow bacteria therefore i do not have a uti but to continue with treatment (which is an antibiotic ). I adked the nurse what was the cause of the blood and she said she would ask the doctor but i am still waiting to find out an answer. Do you have any suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012