Pain at the base of head and neck, severe headaches, grinding sound in ears. Cause of concern?

Dr. CHRISTENSEN I am having pain in the base of my head along with my neck . I also am in pain when i turn it to either side. Headaches also come along with this and my head feels too heavy for my neck. I am concerned because i havent injured anything. Oh i also hear grinding in my ears. Should i be concerned or is this just something that will go away...its been a month.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding pin at the base of head and back of neck, severe headache, grinding in ears.

Your history of illness suggest us to think for-

1- Cervical spondylosis.

2- Radiculopathy of cervical spinal nerve.

3- Meningeal irritation.

These possibilities may be rule out by-

a- M.R.I. of brain and cervical spine.

b- C.S.F. examination.

Till the reports are awaited you may take-

1- Analgessic with muscle relaxant.

2- Hot foamentation of neck.

I hope this will help you.