Pain at the back of shoulder, blood tests showed elevated ESR. Cause?

Hello.My Wife is 25 years Old.From quite a few days she reported a pain in the left shoulder back area.Then we consulted a Orthopaedic doctor.He told us to do the Blood+Urine Test and the X-Ray of the Shoulder area.The results of the Blood test showed a ESR of 78 which is extremely high according to him.I am very worried what could be the reason.All her other activities are quite normal but she is not taking enough nutrition through the diet.Hence the Doctor has prescribed a medication course consisting of variousl vitamin medicines.She has also started to take proper diet and medicines.Please help me and suggest what could be the cause of such elevated ESR Rate and will it be restored to normal?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012