Pain at bottom of left ribs. Radiating to arm. Happens only while sleeping. Have multiple sclerosis. Reason?

Hi, I have been woken up two nights on the run with severe pains in my left side.... Just behind the bottom rib. This pain is caused by breathing in, it goes into the top of my left shoulder , down my left arm , and into my hand . All through the day I am fine, it only seems to happen whilst I m sleeping. I m a 56 year old female, and have MS.... But it doesn t feel like it could be associated to that condition, I have had MS for 15 yeas and fairly certain it s not that.... Please could you advise Lynn
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013