Pain at base of head. Taken decadron shot. What does this sound like?

Hi. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I woke up with a sharp, constant, pain at the base of my head on my left side. By the next day the pain had radiated down into my left shoulder , and now extends into my collar bone. I ve seen my general practitioner, and he made me lift my arm above my head, and asked if the pain got better. At the time it seemed to, do he suggested that it may be a herniated disk , and gave me a decadron shot, and sent me home with a prescription for muscle relaxers. The muscle relaxers do make it feel better for a couple of hours, but usually after that the pain comes back with avengeance. Also, when I lift my arm above my head now it doesn t seem to help with the pain anymore. My question is what does this sound like? Also, just this morning I woke up with the pain at the base of my head on the right side now as well.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013