Thanks for posting your query to HCM.
After reading your query I can make out the best possible diagnosis of "Belly button infection". Any kind of discharge from this area is almost always a sign of an infection. As this area is moist so there are high chances of fugal and bacterial proliferation. The open wounds caused by scratching are source for secondary bacterial infection and then yellowish or smelly discharge. Can be treated by proper oral treatment.
Kindly follow the instructions below:
- no picking or scratching the belly button
- wash the area with simple soap.
- clean the area with warm saline water and dry it completely with sterilized gauze multiple time of the day.
- Apply antibacterial cream such as Mupirocin
over the area in a very thin layer.
- You can take antihistamine such as loratadione or leveocetrizine for itching according to medical advice
Hope to have provided the best information regarding your problem.
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia