Pain and weakness in arm, MRI shows suspicious spot. What could this be?

My husband has been experiencing pain and weakness in his left arm and also numbness/ tingling in his left hand . He went to a specialist last week and he thought it to be a pinched nerve due to the disk in his neck . He sent him for an MRI and called back a few days later saying that the MRI showed a suspicious spot and they wanted to do another test at the hospital next week. My husband said the nurse said something about sonogram/ultrasound on the phone. He has been researching on the Internet and has convinced himself that it may be ALS and now I m worried as well! Do you think it could be this? Thanks for your time!
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012