Pain and swelling on hip after fall, knee pain. History of knee surgery

My husband fell on his hip while mountain biking 10 days ago. He had some abrasions and a lot of bruising . Today he has a large amount of pain and swelling on the outside of his hip. Should he go to urgent care tonight or can he wait for an appointment with his PCP tomorrow? He is a 33 year old male in otherwise good health. He is having some knee pain as well, but has had 2 prior knee surgeries for a torn meniscus on the knee. Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013