Pain and swelling in wrist, stiffness. Reason?

I was feeling great until last tuesday, about 8pm my wrist hurt so bad i thought it was broken, it swelled up and was so painful i could not sleep, this is the weird part, the next day, it hurt worse, then my muscles in both my arms hurt and now my other wrist is hurting really bad, and i woke up this morning about 6am and my neck is so stiff and can't turn my head, wow what is happening to me? I was fine last week, i thought it was maybe when i lifted a 40lb bag of rock salt and my wrist twisted, but why would the rest of my body be in such pain?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
With these symptoms my first diagnosis would be some form of arthritis. You need to visit an General Physician and get some blood tests done like Complete Blood Count with ESR and also an XRay of the painful joints.
To confirm on the diagnosis I would need some more medical histories like associated symptoms, any past history of infections/fever etc.

Please revert with the results. In the mean time I'd advise you to take some over the counter analgesics like Ibuprofen (if not allergic to).
General & Family Physician Dr. Guru's  Response

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Wrist pain with swelling in your case may or may not be related to the other problem like neck stiffness and all. But based on your description, there is chance of some kind of sprain or even fracture. Physical exam is mandatory to assess this. I suggest to consult an Orthopedician or a Rheumatologist asap.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-vasanth/66057

Wish you good health!