Pain and swelling in toes. On storvas ez. Stiffness in finger. Taking cholisteine. Getting worse. Solution?

Dear doctor, I have been having swelling and pain in both my big toes since the last 6mths. I am on Storvas EZ for the last 10Yrs. There is also slight stiffness in my fingers. I am at the moment also taking medication ...Cholisteine and Goutnil since two mths, but no improvement, instead it seems to be getting worse. Please advise, as I am getting frustrated and depressed. Please let me know what to do. Thank You very much. God-Bless.My age is 56 yrs.(male)...Mumbai.India.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012
The pain and swelling in the toes can be related to a cardiac problem. The medicines that you are taking can cause a muscle pain.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,