Pain and swelling in the shin. Taking long time to recover. Is it normal?

Hi Dr. A week ago I had a tree log smack my lower leg on the side of my cav close to shin bone It did not hurt much and continued what I was doing for another hour. I could feel it swelling but not much discomfort. It has got better over the past wk. but a lump feels puffy and pain in the area. And when I first lower the leg after its been on couch or bed in the morning a lot of pain in just gravity in leg. But it goes away shortly and I can walk ok w/o any pain but I do see slow recovery but seems to be taking longer than it should I'm 64. Male. Curious Lou
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013