Pain and swelling in the gums. Blister at the site of molar extraction. Is it an abscess which can be cured by peroxide gargle?

Pain, swollen gums and feels like a blister in space where right bottom molar was (extracted 9 years ago). The molar above has dropped down into the open space since then, but with the swelling below it prevents me from closing my jaw completely due to pain. Never has wisdom teeth form except for top right one and its impacted and still intact (also no issues or pain with this). There is no tooth on the bottom to cause this. The blister is on the inside of the gum and the tongue moving causes discomfort. No pain on top and it is difficult to eat. Is it more likely an abscess or something that could be resolved with a peroxide gargle/rinse?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013