Pain and swelling in the buttocks after an injury. Taking ibuprofen. Can I take a long flight?

4 days ago I slipped going down the stairs in my house and hit the upper part of my butt extremely hard. The area swelled immediately and I applied ice. Now about an 8 inch area is purple (black and blue). It is sore to the touch and still feels a little swollen, but so far I did not have to take any pain killers and have continued with my normal routines. I took ibuprofen the first day just to help keep the inflammation down. I plan to take a 6-hour flight in 4 days and was wondering if I should be concerned. I have heard that planes should be avoided after surgery and certain injuries. Should I be concerned about flying?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012