Pain and swelling in the back of the ear. Had ear infection and vertigo in the past. Related to this?

For 2 days i have had pain and swelling on the back of my ear. It doesn t appear to be a spider bite or other bug bite . It is hot to the touch and bright red. There does appear to be an area that is round and could be some kind of bump. I do not have fever. Not sure if it is just a pimple or something serious and wondering how long to wait before hVing it checked by a doctor. I did have an inner ear infection fhe first of january that cause vertigo ...i was medicated for the symptoms but not given any antibiotics. Thank you YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013