Pain and swelling in the ankle after a fall. Should I be worried?

Hi today I fell down the stairs and now my foot hurts. Its my left fooot. The top part of it hurts close to where my foot connects to my leg and also there is slight pressure/pain on the inside side of my foot. When I don t move it for a while and then walk again it hurts more and is hard to walk. In general it is hard to walk i can bend my foot but it hurts to bend. also when i flex my toes up it hurts. on the top, the place where it hurts it is a little swollen but not too much. what could this be? did i just hurt it or is it something more?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012