Pain and swelling in gum, painful while speaking and smiling. Taking light medication. Cure for symptoms?

am having pain and swelling of right lower gum for more than a doc adviced me to take cipro 500mg for 5 days twice daily, along with tht emflam, and chymaral forte also hve been prescribed .three days passed with those medications; am not feeling any betterment; pain and swelling persists, its painful whn i speak and smile even.could u explain the seriousness of this and the speedy treatment for me.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013