Pain and swelling below the knee after an injury. Took anti inflammatory medication. Ankle turning black. Why?

I received two large blows to the inside of my right knee close to shin area 5 weeks ago. The contact was made with the ground after making a tap tackle in rugby. At the time there was a lot of instant pain which grew in severity over the space of 3-4 minutes then died down but swelling and pain remained for a few days. Bruising then began to show down my shin. I teach dance and was able to dance on it for the next 2 weeks however the swelling was extensive as was the constant pain in my shin. 3 weeks after the initial blow, I noticed swelling on the right side of my leg (away from the impact point) - the swelling looked like a lot of liquid rippling under the surface of the skin. I iced, took anti inflammatory tablets but the bruising and pain continued to spread - my ankle turned black with bruising during this time on both sides. 5 weeks on, I have continued to dance and back to playing rugby (no contact) but continuous dull pain and swelling is still there although the bruising as gone now. I still have the same very painful reaction when the swelling is knocked even lightly - wearing tight jeans is even sore! HELP!
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012