Pain and stiffness in the neck. Using Alieve and heating pad. Tenderness with mild swelling. Whom should I consult?

About 4 weeks ago I felt like I had the flu and I had a lot of pain in my neck. It hurt to bend it forward. Since then, I have had a chronic stiff neck . I have been taking Alieve on and off and using a heating pad . It feels a little better in the morning, but by the end of the day, I am exhausted from being in pain. The pain radiates out to my shoulders and it hurts to lift my arms up. In addition, the rest of my back has become tight and sore. However, the pain starts and remains in the back of my neck. Tonight I was able to feel swelling on the right side and possibly a lump. It is very tender. If I need to see a doctor, what type of doctor should I see?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  29 Awaiting Answer