Pain and numbness under the belly button. Umbilical hernia found during an appendix removal surgery. Treatment?

hi i am 17 years old i am a male 4 weeks ago i had my appendix removed while the surgery they saw an umbilical hernia and repaired they told me it was tiny now i can feel this bulge under my belly button and i have this numb pain that i cant tell if its in my belly button or my penis its really weird it feels sharp and numb it feels better when i sit down and take my mind off of it but it is stopping me from going to work because im afraid of damaging myself further my quest is, is it normal to have this pain this long after my surgery and should there be a bulge any help is welcomed thanks
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012