Pain and numbness in toe and leg. Had Foraminotomy for sciatic pains. Any other treatment for pain?

I had a left L5-S1 Foraminotomy four weeks ago because of severe sciatic pain for years. The problem is that I have no improvement with numbness, pins and needle pain from my behind to my toe on my left leg. The surgeon said that it will take time for the nerve toheal because it had been compressed for so many years. What do you think. What can I do other than taking pain medication . I really cannot stand this anymore. Thank You
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012