Pain and numbness in the upper thigh, tingling on walking for long hours. Cause?

I am a 69 year old male in pretty good condition.I walk for about 5 miles a day . Starting out for my walk my symptom of left leg upper thigh pain is not evident. As my walk progresses especially after about an hour or so my upper left thigh begins to pain and feel somewhat numb and tingly. After returning home from my walk the symptoms gradually disappears after a short time. Sometimes the symptom reoccures while doing normal tasks around the home for a short time..
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012