Pain and edema in the leg and knee, pain in esophagus. Changed from raberprazole to nexium. Is that the reason?

I am a 41 year old female with no major heath problems. About 2 weeks ago I switched PPI medications. I was taking Raberprazole Sodium 20mg once at bedtime every day. I switched to Nexium 40mg once a day at bedtime because my Dr felt that it was possible that the Raberprazole was not working for me anymore. I had been on it for my acid reflux for at lease 5-6 years with no problems until the last few months. I have been taking the Nexium for almost 2 weeks, and have started (about 4 days ago) experiencing leg and knee pain (and a general funny feeling in my legs) and edema below my knees, especially above my socks. I have pain in my esophagus around my voice box, and heavy click when I swallow which is very annoying and painful. I have been experiencing skipped heatbeats off and on for about 3 years. I live in a very remote area and cannot see a doctor easily. I am concerned that the Nexium may be causing these symptoms. I am a bit dizzy and disoriented, also at times. I cannot go off PPI's altogether because my reflux symptoms become unbearable after 2-3 days...chest px, reflux etc. I still have quite a bit of my previous medication left over, Raberprazole. Can I switch back to this safely until I can see my doctor to discuss these symptoms? Thanks in advance. Any help would be appreciated.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013