Pain and discomfort on the shoulder and chest. Torn muscle? Getting worse i cold weather

hello i have been wondering if i should visit a doctor or if it was just a torn muscle but i have been having severe discomfort just under my shoulder blade and the center of my chest . it seems to get worse when i breath and when i am in cold weather. but the thing is it only last like 20 mins then goes away then comes back and it repeats over and over again. i was just wondering what was causing it and if i should go she a doctor or if was nothing to worry about
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013