Pain and discomfort in the throat after getting a fish bone stuck. Lump outside the neck and bad taste in mouth. Need to go to the doctor?

i had a saltfish bone stuck in my throat and they thought it was a scratch until i demanded an xray to b done they left it 4 days in my throat and then they took me to theatre to get it out they didnt find it but since then i have felt pain discomfort and something n my throat now a lump on the outside has formed and my neck dosnt feel normal bones click when i swalow and pain discomfort and bad taste coming from somewere and it aint my teeth coz iv had them checked .
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and thank you for your question.
Yes it sounds like you should go to your doctor. I would request another radiograph to see if they bone is still in there or changed positions. I have read about cases where patients have had foreign objects stuck in their throats for years without discovery.

Best wishes.

Dr. Ward