Thanks for your query.
You might be suffering from patellar tendinitis
or chondromalacia patellae
. This type of knee pain
related to overuse or physical activity.
Slight modifications in your life style can help.
- Do regular knee exercises (quadriceps and hamstrings).
- Always warm up before exercising and cool down afterwards. Stretch your quadriceps and hamstrings.
- Lose weight if you are overweight
. Every pound that you are overweight puts about 5 extra pounds of pressure on your knee cap when you go up and down stairs.
- If you have flat feet, try special shoe inserts and arch supports (orthotics
- Make sure your running shoes are made well, fit well, and have good cushioning
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.