Pain and bulging vein on back of right hand and wrist I want your suggestion.

Pain and bulging vein on back of right hand and wrist Thanks for your time! Yesterday I noticed a pain/ache on the outer edge of my right wrist accompanied by a bulging vein running from my ring finger across the back of my hand to about an inch and a half above the wrist bone (thumb side). I had surgery with complications 2 1/2 weeks ago and received 6 units of blood & 2 units of plasma. Ended up retaining 23 lbs of fluid weight (which was gone a week and 1/2 later), partially due to accidental post-op infiltration of my IV. Should I be concerned that there may be deep-vein thrombosis or a blood clot as a cause of this pain and bulging vein condition?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Jul 2010