Pain and breathlessness. Has Metastatic Squamous carcinoma in cervix, on chemo, had blood transfusion. Why ?

Hi, My mom has Metastatic Squamous carcinoma - primary in cervix . She has undergone 2 rounds of chemo as palliative. Round 1 (6 cycle) she was given Paclitaxel + carboplatin. Round 2 ( 4 cycle) she was given Gemcitebine+cisplatin. During her 2 round of chemo her blood count dropped to 7.7. Thus she was given blood transfusion . A month aft her 2nd round she again complained of breathlessness & pain in her lower abdomen and back. She was given 3rd round of chemo ( Topotican + Carboplatin) over 3 days. Thru USG guided therapeutic pleural tapping approx 700cc of Pleural fluid was aspirated from both side. Its been less than a week & her pain & breathlessness is back. She is currently on Narcogen Forte, Deriphyllin retard 300 and spasmoproxyvon. Pls advise how I can keep her comfortable. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012