Pain and bleeding from ear piercing area, removed ear rings. When can I wear them again?

more than two months ago i got an ear piercing in the upper part of the ear. yesterday i decided to take them off since i thought that the pierce was ready, but when i took it off a little blood came out. i waited until it stopped and then i put the new earing i bought (i cleaned them first of cource) and today my ear pierce it started to hurt a little so i took off the new earrings (which had a little dry blood on) and put the training ones again. So do i have to wait until me pierce stops hurting and then try putting the new earrings or do i have to wait another month or so?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
The objective of piercing the ear is to make a hole and then get it lined with your skin so that you can then wear rings without getting hurt or bleeding from them. If you are having bleeding then it implies that there is still a wound which would need healing before you can put the earrings on. It is however not common to still have bleeding from a pierced site after 2 months. Just wait for 2 more weeks then make another try!