Pain after sex. Worried about coil being dislodged

After I had sex with my husband last night I felt a sharp pain and was uncomfortable for a while after. I was worried that my coil may have been dislodge. The pain is no longer there this morning, but am worried that it may not now be in the correct position. I have had it in now for two years and have never had any problems with this before. I would be grateful for your help. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Welcome to HCM
You have this IUS system in place for 2 years and pain which you felt is unlikely to dislodge the IUS (Coil) .
If you know yourself to check for thread inside,you can check yourself and if there is any doubt then it is better to check with trained person or Gynaecologist.
In case there is delay in visiting Gynaecologist then in the mean time some other method of contraception must be used.
Good luck to you.
hi welcome to hcm.see if ur pain subside then no need to worry but for clear your doubt u go through gynec to check ur coil or do sonography to check the coil in position.