Pain after root canal. Taken antibiotics. Lump in jaw line. What can I do?

I had a root canal on March 3. Had fair amount of pain but seemed to settle. By March 20th I was in intense pain and went back to dentist . He did an xray , said everything looked OK but gave me a 7 day course of antibiotics. He seemed sure I probably had a sinus infection as well as infection around the tooth . The pain has lessened but is still present 24/7, sometimes worse than other time, always in the tooth, the jaw and my ear. I now have a huge lump in the jaw line under the root canal tooth. What can I do? The dentist has me scheduled to finish the root canal on April 4th. I m worries and in pain!
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013