Pain after putting retainer, upper lip swollen and numb. Worried

I havn t worn my retainer in quiet some time, and have recently put it in. Now i am experiencing constant pain in my top three left side teeth , and my top right side tooth , when im not using 2 or even 3 200mg Ibuprofen . This morning I woke up and looked in the mirror to see that my upper lip , to a little above my nostrils, was swollen. This area was somewhat numb. i am still experiencing some numbness above my nostrils, but most of the numbness has subsided. I m getting worried, and i dont have money to consult a dentist . -Please help.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012