Packing feel off post anal abscess drain, have cleaned the area, now have hard lump. Cause?

My daughter has an anal abcess drained in hospital on sunday. It has been packed each day since. Today it has not been packed but the packing has fell out. She has cleaned the area and now a hard lump has developoed in the area. The doctor will not come out, the district nurse will not come out until tomorrow, the hospital will not let her in! Can you advide please? Also why has the hard lump developed in the area?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012

It is possible that there is a local collection of blood and other inflammatory elements that is causing the hard lump.

There is nothing serious to be worried about.

You may get your daughter checked tomorrow when the nurse comes in. She may require another good dressing and things will clear out soon.

I wish your daughter a quick recovery.