PCR positive. My wife is conceiving without any problem. Will my disease be cured?

i have a four year kid but 1 year bk when my wife was not conceiving her doctor got her tested for T.B. PCR where in she got tested positive for it in the month of march 2012 she has been undergoing treatment since then.In the month of june they got me tested for T.B. PCR semen test and i was tested positive for it and have been undergoing treatment since.My wife got concived in december ending with twins,now yesterday after 9 months of treatment i got my semen tested for the same and i have been tested positive for the question is is my desease not qurable and will my babies in my wifes womb effected cos of it in any ways?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I am glad to know that your wife is conceiving without any problem. However if you are PCR positive and you know if the TB is not drug resistant then there is a high chance that you will be cured of the disease. However your carrier status may persist. I advise you to consult a good infectious disease physician who can start you on antitubercular medications as soon as possible. I would not think that if your wife is not TB positive there is no risk to the baby or your wife. In the meantime it might be good to stay away from your pregnant wife till you are not infectious after a certain period of time of starting to take the antitubercular medications.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!