PCOs and fluid in cul de sac. Delayed periods. Prescribed regestrone. Safe?

I had my periods 3 days later than the normal in the month of February on 28th with heavy bleeding. My cycles were very regular till that month. After That I had bleeding but just like spotting on 14th March. It was there for 3 days. But it was not like normal periods. I consulted doctor and she asked me to get an ultra sound done. In that it was found that I have PCOS also I have fluid in the culde sack . My thyroid also was tested, which is negative. Today is 8th Aprill till now I ddnt have my periods. I checked urine for pregnency, that is also negative. Today I consulted doctor because as normal I expected my periods to come at the late by 3rd april. Doctor asked me to take regestrone . Is it safe? We had intercourse inbetween. But we were doing safe. We have 2 kids. can you give me ur opinion?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013