PCOS, uterine cysts, trying to conceive. Prescribed metformin, diane 35. Chances of conceiving?

Hi I was diagnosed with pcos a few months ago, I started taking Diane 35 and I was prescribed metformin , but for some reason the side effects that metformin gave me were too much to handle so I stopped taking it, and I continued taking Diane 35 my question is, would Diane 35 alone help me with getting rid of the cysts and if i stop taking it would I be able to get pregnant or do I have to take metformin as well?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012