PCOS, trying to conceive, advised regulating menses with contraceptive pills. How long should they be taken?

Hi, im 29 yrs old and married for 8 years. Diagnosed with pcos when i was 19. Was prescribed sonulot and metformin and stop the medication ( trying to regulate with no med ) when i was 22. Last year went to gynae and still with pcos. But because me n husband are trying to have a baby, my gynae gave 3 round of chlomid. I ovulate with chlomid but the cycle was not successful. He advise me to lose some weight. This year manage to lose some and talked with my pharmacist. And she said about regulating my menses by consuming contraceptive pill. My question is, how long can i take the contraceptive pill?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012